Sometimes, homeowners forget that one of the best ways to improve on the investment that they made in a home is simply through landscaping their property. The most cost-efficient way to accomplish is to first plan out your vision on paper for space and create it for your own enjoyment as well as contributing to the following benefits:
You may not realize that to add edible plants to your landscape makes you an environmentally conscious homeowner. The sustainable landscape includes fruits, vegetables, and edible plants for animals like rabbits, bees, and birds. Sustainable plants also contribute to cleaning the air and the water.
With the installation of not only plants but certain types of landscape materials for driveways and sidewalks like concrete, pavers, flagstone, stamped concrete, and aggregate, homeowners can reduce the risk of the following:
- Stormwater runoff that leads to flooding
- Erosion control
- Reduction in evaporation in the soil
Bushes and trees are also a way of shading your indoor space naturally without having to turn up your air conditioning every time the sun shines through your windows and heats up specific rooms. A strategically placed tree or large bush will help instead to cool it down.
Installing a synthetic turf, which is environmentally-friendly, will all but eliminate the cost of lawn maintenance services including fertilization. This includes smaller spaces like play areas, dog kennels, and even a putting green in the backyard.
Also, it will contribute to the following cost benefits:
- Increases the value of your home
- Makes your home more attractive to prospective purchasers
- Reduces the time your property is on the market
We rarely think of landscaping our home as being a contributor to good health, but taking the time to beautify any environment, especially where we live, has a tremendous impact on our well-being in the follow ways:
- Filters any pollutants to create a cleaner air environment inside and outside
- It contributes to a more active lifestyle with a choice of plants that need minimal care to flourish like watering or pruning
- Reduces stress levels with an aesthetically pleasing space to live in and enjoy
Privacy and Security:
You don’t need to live in a crowded, urban area to understand that privacy and security are essential no matter where you live. Landscaping can provide an easy and effective means to add additional security to your home as well as more privacy in the following ways:
- Decorative garden walls or tall bushes create a natural barrier to other properties
- Strategically places bushes with thorns or other appendages near windows to deter potential burglars
- Walls, bushes, and other landscape additions reduce noise and heat
- Decks, patios, and other additions for private relaxation or entertaining friends
All of these benefits need to be considered by any homeowner as an efficient and easy way to increase the value of renovating a home.